Friday, December 4, 2009

report on 4 Dec 2009

The morning seemed really peaceful and simple till I was intercom to meet my senior at the upper office's conference room. I was really taken aback after that morning. This is my first job as an auditor after graduating from a degree in accounting.

I had alot to learn, and many important procedures I'm still unaware of. Hence I often was reprimanded of not performing these procedures. This morning I was reprimanded of not performing one of the needed procedure which I'm not aware of. That senior of mine was so angry that she threw the papers right in front of me, which also hit my face by accident. I was too taken aback that I started tearing.

When another senior saw me in tears, he asked what has happened and learn about the situation. He asked if anyone witnessed that incident, and apparently we were in closed doors so no one could be my witness. However, he went up to approach her and have a talk with her.

She apologised to him, where he accepted her apology on my behalf. She admitted that she was hot-tempered and apologised for that. He gave her warning that there should be no "throwing" of things at the staff again, as the matter could be taken up to legal action when reported. She understood the consequences. After the talk her tone was slightly better. However, we would still have to monitor her behavior, as the current solution might only be temporal, because she isn't really able to handle her emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment